Leaving a piece of Hungary in Filipino hearts
By Marinel E. Peroy
After six years of dedicated service in the Philippines, Hungarian Ambassador H.E. Titanilla Tóth bid Filipinos a heartfelt farewell as she concluded her diplomatic mission.
During an intimate reception in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, the ambassador reflected on her years in the country, expressing gratitude to the Del Rosario family, the Hungarian community, the Filipino people, the embassy staff, and, of course, her supportive husband, who stood by her throughout her posting.
Looking back on the embassy’s journey, Ambassador Tóth spoke about the significance of its longtime home – a place that witnessed years of cultural exchange and diplomatic milestones between Hungary and the Philippines.

“This is a piece of Hungary since then. So, I know from my predecessor and I know myself very, very especially that this is more than a simple building. This is where everything started for Hungary. We started, we celebrated together the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations. In this very room, we had many programs, Hungaricum concerts, alumni meetings and many more.”
Over the years, the building has served not only as the home of the Hungarian Embassy, where many Filipinos applied for work visas, but also as the venue for a myriad of events celebrating the growing friendship between Hungary and the Philippines.
Although her assignment has come to an end, Ambassador Tóth shared that the Philippines will always be her “second home.” She also expressed hope that the next Hungarian ambassador will experience the same warmth and generosity she received from the Filipino people.
“I couldn’t imagine a better thing ever than what I had here. So I wish the best for us and for Hungary to the next ambassador to come here and experience this hospitality. I don’t think so that any diplomats can experience anywhere else than the Philippines.”

In her farewell message through THEPHILBIZNEWS, Ambassador Tóth also reflected on the lasting bond between the two nations and expressed her deep appreciation for the Filipino people.
“Thank you very much, everyone. Maraming salamat po. I’m finishing my journey here in the Philippines but [I will] never forget the time which I spent here since 2020 [of] December. It was amazing. The most special, I can say, [are] the people and the hospitality.
“I’ve never met such kind hearts, such open-minded, and great people with who[m] I met in the Philippines. I had the pleasure and the honor to travel around your country; and I hope that I could bring a piece of Hungary into your heart and [that] you know more about Hungary, Hungarian culture, and Hungarian people. Maraming salamat.”
Watch the full video here. Köszönöm szépen, H.E. Titanilla Tóth!

No comments: